Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mucho Norte, Mucho Pez Vela

When we left this morning Arch and Jeff had already left. They had not found the fish in the same place they were yesterday. We ran way up around the corner and set out. It was us, the Obsession, the Swordfish, and the Smoker. I guess if you are going to be fishing somewhere fishing around those guys is not bad. We had no bites of any kind for the first couple of hours. We were fishing green water. Fin had just started to ask me if we should run futher when we had one on a flat line and one on a rigger bait. That was the start of a great day. From that point on when they swam in there they came in like a wolf pack. They rarley came to a bait, they constantly came yo my teasers, and dredges. All day I would crank up my dredges when we got a fish in the spread. I would get them about 20ft. behind the boat in real clean water there it is easy so see them and there would be 2 or 3 right behind it. They were real funny acting and you would have to crank a bait all the way up to the boat and prospect it to get a bite. That continued all day. When we left to go home we found a place of birds so we stopped to catch a few more. We ended the day with 28, and a ton of sancocho's. Sancocho means swing and a miss in spanish. We got back to the dock well after dark. Tony, the bait man was waiting for me with some hand picked fresh ballyhoo. I got 120 baits that i had to clean and pack up, respool a reel, and fuel up. When the smoke cleared I was finishing my day around 8:30. Very long day. Hopefully those fish will be there again tomorrow and my anglers will bring their A game. Hopefully we are starting to find our rythm, and get in a groove. I feel that I am personally srarting to get into a groove. The ocean was calm today, and hopefully will be nice again tommorow before it starts getting rough again for Fri, and Sat. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment