Friday, January 23, 2009

Grouper, Snapper, oh my!







Like I said our charter canceled on us, so we dicided to go fishing anyway. We went bottom fishing instead of sailfishing. We fished in 800+ feet of water. The current was really bad, and we had to use 8lbs. of lead to reach bottom. We ended up with 3 grouper, 2 silky snappers, and a bunch of tile fish. This was the first time I had caught silky snappers. I love deep dropping down here. You never know what kind of exotic is going to come up. The groupers are snowy grouper. If you look at the pictures you can see the white spots on them. Did that for half the day, then cleaned fish the other half. Ill post some pictures for you. The red ones are the silky snappers. Ill post some more pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment