
Yeah, so I'm not much for blogging, but since my wife is watching desperate housewives I need something to do for the next hour. I also thought this would be nice to do in my travels. We arrived here in Isla Mujeres Mexico yesterday. I can definately say that if I ever decided to live abroad I would live here. I love it. It is so good to be back. It was a long trip. We left Pirates Cove NC on Saturday Jan 3rd. That night we made it to Southport NC. The following day we made it to St. Simons Island, GA. The following day we made Ft. Pierce FL. We got stuck in Ft. Pierce again this year. We go stuck for 2 days. The only cool thing that happend there was I saw my first manatee. After traveling to south Florida for 5 years I finally got to see one of those dang things. They really look like a giant potato with a dog head and a big paddle tail. When we finally left Ft. Pierce we made it to Miami where we picked up bait. The following morning we left Miami and headed for Key West. We did not spend much time there, we fueled up and kept going. This is our longest stretch of travel. From Key West across the Gulf and to Isla took us 21 hours. It was a little snotty, but nothing we couldn't handle. Since we have been here we have cleared customs and immigration, agriculture comes tomorrow. We have done some boat work, and tackle work to make sure everything is tip top for all our customers when they arrive. It sounded like fishing slowed down but there are rumors that some boat saw 50 today. We will get a better report tomorrow. Other than that not too much going on. It has been nice to see so many friends who I have not seen since last year. The only thing that could make this better would be if Kristen was here with me. We just have to work on finding her a job down here and a job in NC that will let her come down here.

No comments:
Post a Comment