Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First Charter

Well today was our first charter. They were not supposed to come until tomorrow, but we told them the weather was going to take a turn for the worst. I don't know what to say about today. I woke up in the 4 oclock hour this morning to rain beating on the bow cap. The rain continued the entire day. I never dried, nor did I see the sun. Other than that I can't complain too much. We started the day with a triple of sailfish. I thought that was a wonderful way to start the season. We ended up with a great day. We caught 19 sailfish. We had a lot of bites and missed a lot of fish. I had an early day today and was done working by 6:30 local time. I did not end up taking any pictures today due to the weather. We will be going tomorrow and I don't think it is going to be very pretty. We are getting a strong cold front. With the wind coming from the north and the current coming from the south it makes for pretty sloppy conditions. Hold on. Kristen got her new computer today and I think she is having a hard time setting it up, so if anyone knows anything about computers please call her and give her a hand.

3 comments:

  1. Chris that water is so gorgeous!!! We are so jelous of you getting to be in beautiful Mexico!!! Have fun fishing!!! Can't wait to see more pics... and we will definitely be checking your blog often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, you got a blog!! I love it, its so good to see what everyone is up to back on the mainland!! It's so much easier to post it up on the blog and have people check it out rather than having to send everything by e-mail!! Anyways can't wait to see what your up to!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man this is Billy! 19 sails...that's awesome for the first day! I've gotta come down one year and experience that! Have fun and be safe out there. Tell Fin I said Hello. I like being able to see the pics whenever you post them.

    ReplyDelete