Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bueno


Good weather, good fishing, all is well. This is the prettiest day we have had in weeks. We started out fishing where we had been fishing the past few days. He had 6 bites right away and did not hook any. We trolled for a while longer with no action and decided a move was in order. As we were running north we heard some boats on the radio saying that they were bird fishing. When we got up there we were fishing the birds. We caught 9 before the birds, and sailfish left. Then we started getting a good trolling bite. We caught 16 by 2 o'clock and left for home. When we got in my mate and myself got in the golf cart and went to the far south end of the island to Tony's house. Tony is the bait man. We ended up getting a cooler full of bait, came back to the boat, cleaned it all and bagged it and put it in the freezer. Waited a little while and another bait man came to the dock. This time I was alone and got 5 gallons worth of bait. I finished cleaning that and it is currently sitting in brine. I will go bag and freeze it shortly. Tomorrow is Shrek's last day fishing with us, and I really want to get them good. I included a picture I took today. It is one of my favorites.

3 comments:

  1. Nice pic, Chris! BTW...What kind of camera are you using?!

    ~Uncle G~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is so cool! That water is so blue it makes me want to jump in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im am shooting with a Canon digital Rebel XT. I want to upgrade, but my wife won't let me. Although I may have someone who wants to buy the camera when we get home from here.

    ReplyDelete